It's not that I think that the minutia of my life will fascinate anyone other than myself. But I want my friends and family to be able to share in my latest adventure. Today, I retired for the third (and final?) time and now have the chance to move back to Montana and live the life of my dreams. Tom will follow soon behind me and work from there, while I hope not to find gainful employment ever again. We have a lovely solar log cabin to snuggle into, built by the intrepid Doug Reid and Nancy Proctor, who have gone on to live in France and Utah, two exotic locations if ever there were such. Meanwhile, back in the house they built and sold to Tom and me, we will be fixing things up our way and making it a home we can grow old in.

The cabin is hard to get to. In the summer, the road is steep and bumpy and the ruts are deep, but four wheel drive gets you there. In the winter, it is snowmobile or ski access only. In the spring it is a mud bog that defeats all forms of transportation we currently have. There is no running water yet, although they built a nice water tank system (see below) that supplies water to the kitchen sink and to a nice shower in the bathhouse, once you haul it in from somewhere else. The first big project will be a solar well for a continuous water supply.
Besides the road and the well, I have many plans and dreams for the place. They include not only building and garden projects, but getting to know a new community, getting to know new mountains, writing, hooking up with old Montana friends, and gazing at the scenery. Speaking of scenery, here is the view from the porch:
I hope my friends from Seattle and Boise will come visit and I hope to make many new friends here.
I hope to be able to spend most of my time outside, working, walking, playing, gardening, watching the wildlife. My plan is to post a few pictures on this blog from time to time so those who wonder what I'm up to can follow the adventures and misadventures of Tom and Linda in the wilderness.
No comments:
Post a Comment