Saturday, October 18, 2008

By popular request - pictures of the cabin

Well, today it is 70 degrees out and the snow is almost all gone. The road is still too muddy for the propane guy, but we have hope it will dry out. We can drive in and out without chains again, but it is kind of exciting sliding around in the slimy mud.

I have had a request for pictures of the cabin. Back in June I posted pictures of the outside, but I'll put in a few again. Mostly, here are some pictures of the interior with our stuff in it:

The Kitchen:Antique propane range:Wood-burning cook stove (I use both ranges to cook, but this one helps heat the house, too, which makes it not very useful in the summer):
Dining room:

Living Room:

Tom's office:
Guest bedroom:
Our bedroom:
My (very messy!) office:
The cabin from the outside(summer and winter):The bathhouse:
The front deck:
The view from the front deck (which is the same view from Tom's office, my office, and the dining room):
Now do you see why I'm so happy here?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read somewhere where you scraped snow and ice off the solar panels. Don't. If there is enough sun for solar gain, they will clear themselves pretty quickly. I think the manufacturer would not reccomend scraping the surface of the panels.

Doug

target10546 said...

aaaawwwwwwww.... I like your cabin. I am so jealous. I have moved into a new apartment which is completely empty!! Which is a nice change from the literal dump I used to live in, but it is not as cozy as your cabin! Awesome!

Jason B.

PS I definitely do not play Warhammer 40K.