I left Montana just in time. The temperatures had been in the 40's for a week and a half. The bottom part of the road had melted down to mud. Orea Creek road was getting really slimy. Time to pack up the Beastie and escape for the coast.
I spent the weekend at Tom's house in Richland. His housesitting days are numbered and he needs to find an apartment to rent for the rest of his stay there, so I loaded up a bunch of furniture from the storage unit in Montana and took it to him. I pruned the beautiful rosebushes at his current house and said hello to Khufu. Richland was sunny and warm - real spring weather. No mud, either.
Then it was over to Whidbey Island for the rest of this week. I've been at Mom and Dad's every day helping with household maintenance tasks and generally visiting. Tomorrow I'll do a last minute shopping trip to make sure I have everything I need, then I'll leave Sunday for sunny Spain. I'm going to visit my niece Sarah, who lives in Barcelona. I won't be back until early April. I hear it snowed in Barcelona recently, so maybe it won't be so sunny, but I've never been to Spain, so it will be wonderful no matter what the weather. Anyway, this blog will take a rest for a few weeks, then I'll have some pictures of Barcelona to post.
Hasta luego!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
aah! I'm sorry I missed you. I was on a very short (in comparison) trip to visit Roger's brother in Sacramento and the Bay Area to see my niece Bina. Maybe I'll see you before you return to Montana?
Hi Linda,
I finally got around to checking out your blog spot & you are off enjoying yourself some more in a foreign country no less....hope you are having a wonderful time...I hear the tapas are great & the sights & sounds are too...can't wait to hear all about it upon your return.
As for me, I had shoulder surgery in early February & it has been quite an unexpected challenge...the recovery takes FOREVER & is very painful....I have a high threshold for pain but constant pain just wears you down...it has been a real eye opener....oh well, it has given me the time or should I say slowed me down enough so that I can do things I might not have gotten around to, like checking out your wonderful blog...you are now on my favorites list & I look forward to hearing more...the farmers market opens this weekend so spring is definately here, although it has been seemingly colder than it was this winter...the market remodel is moving a pace & we are looking forward to the summer being back to the new normal..the girls are busy with work & various tri- athelons etc. in the area...so all in all everything is moving a pace....let us know next time you are in the area so we can get together & go play.....Colleen Dyke
Post a Comment